La Boca Loca is a taqueria (Mexican restaurant specialising in tacos and burritos) located in one of Wellington’s coolest little suburbs, Miramar.
Using fresh, responsibly produced, sustainable cuisine, our seasonally-changing menu presents delicious updates to classic dishes, served in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
We are on the hunt for a talented Bar Manager who shares our values and passion for fresh and vibrant Mexican food, and wants to bring creativity to the margarita game while letting your personality and work ethic shine like a Golden Gato.
Key Responsibilities (essential):
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the bar
- Monitor stock levels and order bar stock as needed
- Ensure that bar is cleaned down properly at the end of each night – including ensuring all bar staff are well trained in the clean down in your absence
- Train new bar staff including knowledge about all stock, and recipes
- Ensure all staff adhere to the conditions of the liquor licence, and to liquor licensing laws
- Responsible to carry out bar stock take on the 1st of each month and provide report to FoH Manager
- Ensure that any incidents, performance issues of bar staff are reported to FoH Manager
- Create new drinks, and ensure that all drinks recipes are current and easily accessible in the bar.
- Ensure wastage is kept to an absolute minimum
Sales and marketing:
- Create drinks specials and, liaising with FoH Manager, help design events that help increase sales of tequila and specialist drinks
- Proactively continue to develop knowledge and skills needed to effectively develop and sell specials
- Under coordination of FoH Manager, contribute to staff in-house training and coaching to ensure FoH team know the LBL drinks (especially specials) and how to sell them
Key knowledge or understanding
- Holds current Duty Manager certificate
- Has understanding of conditions of LBL Liquor Licence and relevant liquor licensing laws
- Knowledgeable about all stock (including wines and tequilas)
- Continuously seeking to develop knowledgeable about tequilas, Mexican beers, agua frescas generally
Communicating & Listening Skills
Team Player/ Cooperation
Customer Service Focus
If you think you have the right knowledge, passion for food, good drinks, sustainable practices and would like the opportunity to make a name and grow with this pioneering company please send your CV and cover letter to Alex on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and be part of this family working to set the standards of exciting, ethical and sustainable operations in the food industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.