La Boca Loca is a taqueria (Mexican restaurant specialising in tacos and burritos) located in one of Wellington’s coolest little suburbs, Miramar.
Using fresh, responsibly produced, sustainable cuisine, our seasonally-changing menu presents delicious updates to classic dishes, served in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
We are on the hunt for a talented Head Chef who shares our values and passion for fresh and vibrant Mexican food, and wants to bring creativity to the taco game while letting your personality and work ethic shine like a Golden Gato.
La Boca Loca is after a strong leader capable of carrying out the following duties:
- Responsible for ensuring that all food served to customers consistently meets company standards for quality, taste and presentation.
- Develop La Boca Loca menu and recipes, that adhere to the business vision, add value to the brand and are operationally efficient.
- Responsible for overall management of kitchen operations including recruitment, ongoing training and regular staff appraisals.
- Responsible to create and drive kitchen operating systems including inventory management, staff levels, budgets and seasonal produce changes.
- Continuously monitoring supplies and suppliers to ensure best quality and value according to seasonality and adhering to the company's vision.
The right person would have a combination of the following technical knowledge and competencies:
- Confident and knowledgeable about Mexican cuisine generally and specifically all food served at La Boca Loca (essential)
- Knowledge of relevant New Zealand standards and regulations including food hygiene and kitchen safety standards (essential)
- Aware of relevant employment standards and law (essential)
- Interest in the developments of local, sustainable, ethical sourcing of ingredients and food trends (desirable)
If you think you have the right knowledge, passion for food, sustainable practices and would like the opportunity to make a name and grow with this pioneering company please send your CV and cover letter to Alex on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and be part of this family working to set the standards of exciting, ethical and sustainable operations in the food industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.